You are here
WHO WE ARE
The mission of the Carolina MPA program is to prepare public service leaders. We help students reach their potential for leadership through rigorous academic study and practical experience. Our students have the opportunity to work with faculty who are engaged in helping state and local officials solve public problems. Carolina MPA graduates attain leadership positions in every level of government and in organizations that support the public interest. The degree is offered either by a full-time, two-year on-campus format or via MPA@UNC, a flexible part- or full-time online format.
WHAT ARE OUR STUDENTS EQUIPPED TO DO?
Carolina MPA graduates develop a wide range of skills and competencies:
- Lead, manage, and engage others in public service
- Build professional relationships in a variety of organizational settings
- Understand and communicate diverse perspectives
- Manage financial resources
- Manage human capital
- Analyze information for decision making
- Identify, collect, manage, and interpret relevant qualitative and quantitative data
WHY YOU NEED US
Now more than ever employers need dedicated and qualified professional staff in every area of their organizations. Along with the tangible skills needed to navigate today’s complex workplaces, our program focuses on vital public service values such as:
- Accountability and transparency
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Respect and equity
- Professionalism and ethics
HOW YOU CAN CONNECT WITH US.
HOST an information session about your organization with our students.
RECRUIT and interview students for either full-time or PWE (intern) positions.
POST a job by emailing us your employment and PWE opportunities and we’ll share this information.
Susan Austin, Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Professional Work Experience • email@example.com • 919.966.4159
FULL-TIME HIRING OPPORTUNITIES AND INFORMATION SESSIONS:
Allison Binkley, Associate Director of Career Services • firstname.lastname@example.org • 919.843.5029
POST A JOB OR FIND A NEW EMPLOYEE?
Post a Job, Internship, or Post-graduate fellowship
- Fill out the online form.
*Only UNC students and alumni have access to job postings. If you have questions contact Allison Binkley at email@example.com or 919-843-5029.
View Students' Resumes
- Student resumes - To access student resumes, please contact Allison Binkley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-843-5029.